Sunday, June 10, 2012

Truck held hostage

Not sure if we are ever going to get our truck back. I am amazed at the complete lack of professionalism that we keep running into when dealing with repair shops.

The first day they got our truck they said it would be next day before they could look at it. Then again we were told no it would be another day. We got to Friday and they said they would look at it that afternoon. I waited till 5 and called to check on it. They said they hadn't found the problem yet. Saturday morning I called again. I was told they still hadn't found the problem. I asked what the computer codes said. I was put on hold and then told the service manager would be calling me soon.

At that point I had had enough. I called and got a rental car and me and John headed over to the shop. The truck hadn't moved. They hadn't put the drive shaft back in. I went into service dept and asked what was going on. The guy says oh they found the problem. They need to order parts for Monday. It was the ground wire shorted in two. I said OK. I want them to show us the wire. He walked into the shop then came back and said the mechanics were out to lunch. I said fine. We will come back in an hour then. Then I asked him exactly what parts were they ordering? He disappeared into an office. When he came back he had another story. They think they can fix it without parts. Okay. So are you fixing it today? No. They would be closing soon. Maybe Monday. Fine. We will be there Monday and we won't be nice!

I have no confidence in this place but also no other options. I feel like once they get your truck in there its held hostage till they feel like getting around to it.

I'm sure they give priority to the large companies they service. One of the down sides to being a one truck shop.

At least we have a car now. We made a trip to Walmart and can eat other places besides the Golden Corral.

It is so freaking hot here we can't even take walks. I don't know how people live here!

No comments:

Post a Comment