Monday, January 11, 2010

Freezing in Florida

It's funny that we moved to Florida in 2005 from Indiana because we were tired of the cold winters and now we are having a record setting winter here in Florida. Wait a minute, that's not really funny after all!

To make matters worse, I have been sick twice in the last month, was just getting over the second round and starting to feel good again and managed to jam my foot into the recliner and most likely broke my middle toe, although I am not going to bother going to the Dr. to have it checked out. I have taken off work for the last two days because it is so painful I can't put any weight on it. It's actually feeling a little better today so I guess I will have to haul myself back to work tomorrow.....not looking forward to it.

Really can't wait to start our new job next month. I am so nervous about getting started. Especially after the fiasco with Conway. I just want to get to orientation, get our truck, and make our first delivery. Then it will all seem real to me. I got an email from the lady whose truck we will be driving and she admitted that she is really nervous about handing the keys over to us. I wrote her back and told her I don't blame her and I don't know if I could do it myself. That's another thing that worries me. I hope she doesn't get cold feet and back out at the last minute. Especially after we have given our notice at work.

Oh well, if that happens, then we will just have to work something else out. We know now though that this is what we want to do, whether we drive for her, buy our own truck or find another owner to drive for. We will make it happen. We do eventually want to buy our own truck. We talked to a couple who are really pushing us to just do it now and not even bother driving for someone else. I'm just not that brave though.

Hopefully we will get our W2's soon. That's really all we are waiting on right now. I want to get our taxes done, as well as our son's and my parents. Somehow I ended up being the family tax preparer. It would be really great if we all get a nice tax refund. I'm sure my boys will since they are OTR truck drivers. With all the tax changes this year though, not sure yet how it will affect mine and my husband's returns. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

You know, calling in sick from work and sitting at home should be more exciting. Guess it would help if I could walk freely without pain. Then I could use this time to get things done around here, but then again, if I could walk without pain, I wouldn't have stayed at home.....what cha gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment