Wednesday, August 22, 2012

If only I could blog while driving...

Wouldn't that be great? I spend so much time sitting in the drivers seat driving along with so much time to think, it would be awesome if I could somehow blog it while I was thinking it. I think of so many things I want to write about and I always tell myself that as soon as my shift is over I'm going to log on and write it all down, but of course that never happens. If I do actually get out the computer and try to blog, I can't remember anything that I was thinking about earlier.

We are currently on our way to Laredo, Texas. Keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have bad luck while we're down there because if we have to take the truck back to that crappy International dealership for repairs I think I would go postal. Such a shame to have to worry about that because I really do enjoy going to Laredo. For me, Texas is such an easy place to drive. I know a lot of other truck drivers don't care much for Texas, but I personally enjoy it. Any state that makes everything truck size is all right with me.
I'm hoping that after this load we will get something going towards Indiana. We would like to go back to the shop that installed our generator and have them raise it a couple of inches to give us more clearance. We've been dealing it with it since March, but it is a worry that we would rather not have to deal with. Also, our sons are there right now getting their generator put on and will be staying there the weekend. We have our fantasy football draft on Sunday night and it would be awesome if we could all be together while drafting. Unfortunately, we can't choose where our next load will go, so we just have to be flexible and work with what we get.

I was talking to my Mom on the phone yesterday and they have a camping trip planned next month at Lake Monroe, In. My sister and her husband will be going also. Mom wants us to come, but I think we are going to try and go home again around that time. I've been hearing talk on the news of a possible hurricane that may affect Florida in the next few days. I hope it isnt something that we need to be worried about. Guess I need to get some more in depth info.

Another reason we want to get home is to sign up for gym memberships with Anytime Fitness. I am really excited about the thoughts of having nationwide access to a 24 hour gym. I truly hate exercising so it's kind of weird that I would be excited about it, but after riding around in a truck for over two years, the idea of actually getting out of the truck and working out sounds good. I really like the fact that they have private showers. I didn't like showering in gym class in school and I still don't like the idea of public showering as an adult. I've been watching as I drive and I've spotted a lot of Anytime Fitness locations. Also, anytime we stop somewhere I use google map to check for nearby locations and there's always one nearby. The only downside to the whole thing is that it's a 30 day wait period for our membership key to become activated for nationwide use. Again, I need patience and  I still don't have any!

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't a fan of group showering in junior high and high school gym classes either. It blew my mind how some of my female classmates could be so casual about it and even walk around naked after we finished showering.

    My husband and I do a lot of traveling too, and sometimes the campgrounds have the same open group showers as schools do. I have no choice but to use them though. When it's just other adult women in there it doesn't bother me too much anymore because I'm just so used to it. But lots of times a mother may have her teen daughters, little girls or even very young boys in there showering with us, and that's a bit embarrassing, especially with the little ones.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer. Happy to see you somehow found your way to my blog. High school PE class was an absolute nightmare for me! I was a late bloomer and of course I had to be in the same class with most of the cheerleaders and those girls didn't mind flaunting themselves for the rest of us to see. So glad those days are behind me!

      We used to do a lot of camping when we lived in Indiana. I guess I was always pretty lucky at showering at the campgrounds. I usually had the place to myself. A little creepy at night though.

      Anyway, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It's much appreciated! Happy traveling and stay safe out there!

      Delete