Friday, February 5, 2010

Last Day at Walmart

I thought this day would never get here! We are both so happy that our time at Walmart has come to an end and we are moving on to a more exciting career. We have been counting down the days. We both got unexpected surprise parties at work. It was very sweet of our co-workers to do that for us.

Trucks that were on top of our going away cakes
John's Department Manager put a party together for him and had a cake made. It had a semi tractor on top of it. My Department Manager, who has also become one of my best friends and the only thing that I will miss about working at Walmart, also put a party together for me. She had a cake made for me also and it had a full Walmart semi trailer on top. Very cute and very much appreciated!

It was the first time that a lot of my coworkers knew that I was leaving. I didn't tell too many people because I didn't want them to think that I was better than them by leaving, or whatever. Just really didn't want to cause any hard feelings. Everyone who talked to me in private said they wished us well and wished they could find a way out of Walmart. I feel a little bad talking bad about Walmart, but it truly is a lot of work for very little pay. The only way we survived working there was by having almost no bills and no kids at home to support.

We now have 10 days before our Orientation starts in Ohio. We're working on a plan of how we're getting ourselves and all of our stuff that we want to take with us there. Most likely our youngest son will drive us up there in his car and then he plans to drive on over to Indiana and spend some time with one of his cousins. All I know is that however we get to Ohio, it will definitely NOT be on a Greyhound Bus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment