Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Full of Energy Today

It's been 5 days since I had my left half of my thyroid removed and today is the first day that I have felt really good since. I woke up today full of energy and spent the whole day cleaning. I hauled out 8 garbage bags of stuff. Went through every cabinet, closet and drawer and pitched anything that didn't seem necessary. Why do we save some of the things we save? Empty boxes, clothes we haven't worn in years, kitchen utensils that I don't even know how to use....

 Yesterday, I went to a walk in clinic and found out I have a middle ear infection. Got a prescription for amoxicillin and another for some kind of steroids. Must be doing the job because I feel awesome now. Still can't hear 100% out of my left ear, but much improved over how it was. The whole weekend it felt like the left half of my head was stuffed with cotton.

 Tomorrow, I will need to go get a blood test done and then Monday I will follow up with the surgeon and on Tuesday I will see the endocrinologist who will have the results of the blood work from tomorrow and then he can decide what dosage of medicine to put me on. Hopefully he gets it right because I am not looking forward to any side effects from too much or not enough synthroid.

 I don't have much experience with drugs of any kind since I hate taking anything, but I do have a prescription for vicodin that they sent me home with. The best benefit I found from it so far is yesterday I took it and on the way home from the Dr. we stopped at Walmart to stock up on some groceries and other household items and by the time we got there, the drugs had kicked in and I was able to shop without being in misery the whole time. I absolutely hate shopping at Walmart and wish I was rich enough to never have to go there again. But since I'm not rich, yet anyway, I still go to Walmart. Anyway, for once, thanks to the effects of the vicodin, I was able to shop and still be happy.

 I plan on more cleaning and organizing tomorrow and then Friday, Mom and Dad will be coming to spend a few days. My Christmas gift to them this year is taking them, us and our two boys to see the Blue Man Group at Universal. Every year I take them somewhere different. Last year we went to the Polynesian Luau at Sea World and the year before that we went to Cirque De Soleil at Disney. All have been wonderful. I love going to the parks just to walk around, they are always so beautiful and have such a wonderful atmosphere. Always feels like you're on vacation when you're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment