Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sick of being Sick! I wanna go back to work....

Today I went back to the walk in clinic to see about getting help to put this sickness to an end! Seriously! I usually never get sick and since Thanksgiving, that's all I've done. First, what seemed like the flu, then the thyroid surgery, then the middle ear infection, then what seemed like the flu again. Now, I have a sinus infection.

This is the first time I've ever had a sinus infection and I hope it's the last. My entire body has been aching for a week. I've been living on Tylenol for the pain. I have to blow my nose nonstop. I have a horrible cough that scares me to death and makes me think I'm going to cough up a lung. I can't take it anymore!

The Dr. today prescribed two medicines and I'm really hoping they work fast. I didn't get any sleep last night and very little all week and I'm becoming a real bitch because of it. I took the first dose of medicine and laid back down hoping that it would knock me out and I could finally get some rest, but that didn't happen. Ever since I had the thyroid surgery, my body clock has been out of whack or something. I'm not sleeping much at all. When I'm not sick, it doesn't seem to be a problem, but now I really need to sleep and give my body a chance to heal.

Our company that we drive for today called and asked when we were planning to come back to work. Boy, did that dispatcher pick the wrong to call! I had just gone into Walmart to pick up my prescriptions that the Dr's. office had called in, only to be informed that they were marked "pickup tomorrow". I nearly snapped. I told them to cancel it, called the Dr's office back and told them to send the order over to CVS. I am not dealing with that Walmart pharmacy's stupidity anymore. The last thing a sick person wants to do is sit and wait for hours on their medicine. By the time we drove across the street and pulled into the drive thru at CVS, they already had my prescriptions ready. They will be getting my business from now on! Job well done CVS!!

Right after I got back into the car in the Walmart parking lot after learning they messed up my order, dispatch called and wanted to know if we were enjoying our vacation. I kinda went off on his and feel bad about it, but this sickness is kicking my butt and I'm really not being nice to anyone right now. Hopefully he understands as I explained to him all that's been going on.

It sucks that we've been home this long and I haven't been able to make more progress on projects that I want to get done, but that's the way it goes I guess. I still have some bookkeeping work for the business to get done. Need to thoroughly clean the house. Especially with all the germs in here. Need a big bottle of lysol for that!

Guess I've whined enough for now. Can't wait for bedtime...

No comments:

Post a Comment